4 normal toasts or 2 large toasts, I used sourdough bread
400 gram (chestnut) mushrooms, quartered
1 can (240 gram) butter beans
50 gram butter or olive oil
½ tbsp thyme
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp za’atar coffee spice blend
Za’atar Coffee Spice Blend
4 tbsp ground coffee
4 tbsp ground sumac
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp ground coffee
1 pinch of sea salt
optional: 1 tbsp cacao nibs (really nice for some crunch)
- Toast the sandwiches with a toaster (or use a frying pan)
- Place the mushroom in a pan with a good drizzle of olive oil and cook over a high heat until the mushrooms are browned (5-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, rinse the butter beans and place in a bowl together with butter (or olive oil). Microwave (800W) for about 2 minutes.
- Blend the butter beans with a hand blender into a creamy ‘hummus’.
- Spread out the butter bean spread on the toasts and divide the mushrooms to add on top.
- Serve each toast with a royal amount (around 2 tbsp) of the za’atar coffee spice blend.