500 gram (chestnut) mushrooms, sliced
4 chunks cauliflower
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ lemon, juice and zest
1 tsp dried piri-piri, finely chopped (or chili powder)
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
serve with: fresh basil or parsley
- Place the garlic and onions in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until soft.
- Then add in the piri-piri, (raw, cooked or frozen) cauliflower and leave to cook on medium-high heat for another 2 minutes.
- Before the ingredients start to stick on the bottom of the pan, add a splash of soy-sauce and let it evaporate, followed by the lemonzest and juice and then turn down the heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes on medium-heat.
- Use a hand blender to turn the whole vegetable mixture into a creamy sauce. Once the sauce is blended you can let the sauce simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile cook some pasta until it’s ‘all dente’.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and heat the sauce with the pasta until the pasta is reasy to eat.
- Serve with fresh herbs like basil leaves or parsley.